Information on Selling or Donating Medical Supplies
Donating or Selling Equipment to the Federal Government
The FDA has published the following guidelines on how private sector partners can help by selling or donating medical supplies to the federal government:
- To sell medical supplies or equipment, submit a price quote under the COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation. Applicants must register or have an “ACTIVE” status with the System for Award Management (SAM).
- To donate medical supplies or equipment to donate, provide FEMA with details on what you are offering through its online medical supplies and equipment form.
- For partners interested in doing business with FEMA and supporting COVID-19 response with your company’s non-medical goods and/or services, submit your inquiry to the Department of Homeland Security's Procurement Action Innovative Response (PAIR) team.
Donating or Selling Equipment to the Commonwealth of Virginia
VDEM has issued the following survey to gather information from the private sector on offers of assistance to Virginia (donation, in-kind contribution, discounted): https://bit.ly/VaDonations. This applies to donation offers for tests, PPE, or other necessary equipment.
Given the high volume of potential vendors, the Administration has established a more streamlined vendor evaluation process. Please direct all businesses with offers to email@example.com
Donating Supplies to Local Hospitals
- The City of Virginia Beach recently set up a formal donations process to receive PPE. Ideally, supplies should be commercial-grade and in original packaging. To donate, complete this donation form, and staff will review donations offered and arrange drop-off or pick-up.
- Riverside Health System is accepting in-kind donations of medical supplies. You can click here to view guidance on donations. For larger-scale corporate or industry donations, please contact Allison Fonner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations may be dropped off at hospitals within the Riverside Health System on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sentara Healthcare published guidelines on donating PPE here. These guidelines provide information on scheduling drop-off of equipment.
- Chesapeake Regional Healthcare is in need of new and unopened PPE. To make a donation you can contact the Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation at 757-312-6314 or email Foundation@ChesapeakeRegional.com.